Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Green Mountain Fun

So, labour day weekend we set off to vermont for the Green Mountain Stage Race. It was good apart from the abyssmal start.
I wanted to leave on thursday when chris got home form work so we could drive a bit, get a hotel and fish the drive in the morning. But, Chris didn't get out of work until 9pm or so and then the van didn't start when he came out. He boosted it and got home but we decided to take the car so that created some space issues. So he got home at 10pm, we/he packed until about midnight then to bed and up at 4am. yep, 4 hours of sleep. Great! then sit in the car for almost 10hrs, bloody traffic through the dinkiest towns in NY state. anyway, we get there about 50min before my start. I got ready quick and felt okay warming up. I remember thinking "well, I don't feel that bad.." whatever. sometimes you don't feel good at a start and you ride into it. well, that day I felt good at the start and rode out of it!! oh well. things improved throughout the weekend and it was a ton of fun. I really like vermont, it's so pretty.

while we were there, trinity got busy with some of her toys and stuff. She likes to draw and she was playing with the Playmobil bike race set when she got an idea! It was pretty cool and I apologize for the low picture quality, i had to use the cell phone camera.

So the first one is the caravan (look at how many riders are dropped and getting back on) (sorry it's sideways - just turn your head), the second is the peloton and the third is the breakaway.

pretty cool.

No comments: