Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Bad Pictures

Okay, so I promised back in the fall I would post some pics of my early cycling career. They are embarassing to say the least but I don't care, whatever. I used to be a cross country skier (first sport) so in the picture below you can see me with my Fischer skis sweatshirt on. Gawd, I was a deeb. I also didn't like tight fitting jerseys (still don't like 'em too tight) so used to like wearing a free flowing t-shirt when I rode. I was such a FRED. And where is the helmet??? Also, check out the bike, my first, mystery metal (made in mexico) Benotto!! I love the socks, I'm sure that's where Lance got his inspiration for the "halfway up the calves socks that look like crap" Nice shoes too huh, really effective, hey they're Nikes!! Now I know lance got the sock idea from me!! How cool was I??



The next picture you'll see I've progressed to wearing a jersey, although it's a really ugly one. C'mon, it was the 80's for crying out loud, at least it was more aero than the t-shirt and it had pockets!! It was the Collingwood Cycling Club jersey. I think it goes GREAT with the bug eye glasses!! At least I have a helmet on, even if it is pathetic. I think I may finally have clipless pedals here too, they were the first LOOK pedals. I probably have cycling shoes finally too, my first pair, Adidas - Eddy Merckx. I'm really dating myself.



I think I'm pretty brave for posting these pictures, but they are pretty funny.

I want to send out some good luck to the Colavita/Sutter Home p/b Cooking Light women who are racing in the southeast crits and Gila this week/weekend. Got get 'em!

3 comments:

Naomi said...

HAHAHAHA!
I love the pictures Sue!

PS. Keep your feet up! You're brave to keep riding...
How excited is Trinity for the new baby?

Miss you guys!
(My team is all in MASS USA right now.....last weekend too...it's nutty!)

Brooke said...

Sue, you look awesome! I miss you...

The Smessies said...

Heck yah, that's what I'm talkin' 'bout mamma. Sweet. I' sure we will all look that way on day. Funny how you think you look like the shit at the time and then 10+ years later... you know.

Tell Trinity hello, and send her a big booger hug for me.