Wednesday, June 14, 2006

return of blogger sue

okay, so blogger sue has been absent lately. It's been so long I don't know where to start. last post I said I'd write about Athens and Roswell. So, they were tales from the big ring. We didn't win those two, tina was second in both but then she won the sunny king crit the next weekend in Alabama. I wasn't part of that. I was bummed we didn't win athens or roswell but i was happy to be feeling waaay better after a less than stellar april. I felt pretty useless most of the month and just started feeling better about 3 days before athens. there was a time I thought it would be useless for me to even go to athens. it all worked out okay though. i wasn't exactly myself but the form was coming back.

I went home after athens until joe martin. I did a local race but didn't win it, that always sucks. Joe martin I was feeling better still and it went okay but we didn't win that one either. Although, the lead out in the first stage was a drag race between kori seehafer and myself. that was fun and hard and we created a gap to the rest of the field which was kind of neat. At the finish when I pulled off to let tina and dotsie do their thing, I kept waiting for everyone to start coming around me (I was pretty cooked). but they never did so I was able to snag 5th place.

I had a rotten tt though. Dotsie had a good one and before the race we were figuring there was no lynn gaggioli this year so probably around 10min flat would win it. Wrong! Dotsie did a 10:01. erinne willock blasted up the hill to win in 9:43 and dotsie was 2nd. then the crit the next day was super hard and we lost 2nd overall to alisha lion so dots ended up third. I hate that crit.

I went home again after JM and did a local race the next weekend. it went better cause there was a significant steep hill that we did 8 times. I finally won a local race! At the other race I did a few weeks ago that i lost, there was a kid's race that Trinity did. it was a ton of fun and she was pretty psyched for it. she was telling me before how much she wanted to win and me, being concerned about her being disappointed if she didn't said "well honey, it's about having fun and trying your best no matter if you win or lose, just have fun!" she seemed to buy it and a little later while we were walking to registration she said to me "mommy, it's my dream to come 2nd, then i'll be on the podium". maybe she didn't buy it. So, in the race she rode so hard she did cross the line first. there was a tight battle between her and the son (Ethan) of a riding buddy of mine. they were neck and neck going like crazy until ethan pulled up about 10m from the line.

After we crossed the line she started crying and I was like "what's up? you won the race!!" she blurbled out that she had a leg cramp in her leg. I wanted to laugh but thought better of it but what a trooper. she said that her leg was cramping in the race but she had to "KEEP GOING" cause "Ethan was right there!!" YOU GO GIRL!!

so that was my proud mommy moment. there has been lots more racing since then. montreal, somerville, captech, CSC and Philly. Now I'm in nature valley for a 5 day stage race. It starts today and I hope I have my tt legs. At least I have my CDN TT champ skinsuit. This is my only chance to race in it before Nationals again at the end of the month.

i hope to continue with the updating later this week, i should have the time, i just might be lazy. or occupied trying to find a bug cage or bug catching kit for trinity. later.

4 comments:

Brooke said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Brooke said...

Yay! Blogger Sure is back. And Racer Sue is in full force too...great job out there today!

Janine Hall said...

Hi Sue, it was good to see you in Philly! Good luck this week at Nature Valley.

Anonymous said...

Hey Sue,

Glad to see your back both racing wise and on the web.

I caught a bit of the Montreal World Cup race on TV last weekend - very nice result. It looks like those legs are coming back just in time. The Nature Valley Grand Prix is going really well for you. Keep it up.

Good luck the rest of the race and at The Nationals - Trinity needs another National Cahmpionship Jersey.