Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Landscaping madness

Remember the back yard and the piles of dirt? They were levelled out and a retaining wall of stone from Severn Bridge (up north - this is canadian shield rock!) put around the perimeter. There's a story behind these rocks too but not as good as the story about the cedar. Oh, lots of tales to be told on the porch next summer...
Ah, grass is good! the cement pad is for a shed. In the spring we'll put a fence up too, drilled directly into the stone perimeter so nosy neighbours can't see in...there's a story there too

The sodders.

When Chris really likes something he goes all out, more rock to border the front walkway. it'll look nice when the stamped concrete gets poured in the spring.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow. Very, Very Nice! What a difference. It's the first time I've seen it. Chris keeps telling me to stop by and have a look but too busy with hockey all winter. When I'm not leaving work early for hockey, I'm staying late to make up the time I've lost leaving early. It's a vicious circle. Hmmm - I wonder what the finished porch looks like?

Ciao