So, here I am above pre-race, waiting for the start so I could get warm.
After we started my coach, Neil, gave Trinity his wife's (Tara's - she won the race) clothes to wear and keep her warm.
Yeah, here I am riding beside my friend Nada, we are trying to get warm in the first lap.
The podium. There was a gambler's prime of $50 (courtesy of Central Cycle) at one lap to go. I tried really hard for that...but I didn't get it. So, the consolation was an HCC medal and a GOLDEN FLEECE!!! I really wanted the $50, then Trinity could go to McDonalds. ha ha
This is the Trinster with Cynthia. Cynthia and Ben took Trinity around the course backwards during the race. It was 5km around. They did a lot of walking but Trinity had Heelys on so she didn't walk as much. In addition to that when Tara and I went to find them after the race we found Cynthia and Ben pulling Trinity along on the Heelys. That's hard work for them (it was uphill too) but I'm secretly proud of Trinity for getting them to do it. Thanks Cynthia and Ben for being so good to Trinity that day, she had a blast with you two.
After the race we headed up to C'wood for Easter with the fam. The killer is that on Friday it was like 7 degrees and wet in the Hammer and 15 degrees and nice in C'wood. So, I figured I was heading for better weather. NOT! Saturday and Sunday we're cold in c'wood (like 8 degrees) and very nice in the Hammer (17 degrees!). I got ripped off with the weather. Oh well, I did get some nice riding in the hills around c'wood at least.
No comments:
Post a Comment