Sunday, April 23, 2006

It's been a while. I've been wading through 49 Investor's Group applications for the last few days so time has been tight. I'm posting stuff from a while ago, like the P2A race but oh well. This group of pictures was snapped by Larry J while he and his family and his kids' friend Sam were out watching the race.

I have also already written this post once and tried to post it but there's a glitch in the matrix so I'm doing it again. Kind of like banging your head against the wall...

Ha! finally got the pictures to go where I want them.

The Jones family wrote this message in the rail trail near their house. cool eh? It was a nice surprise at that point cause I was suffering so bad. You could still read it in the trail when Trinity and I were riding there 9 days later! The picture below is more encouragment. Is that Sam behind the GO?? Sam was in a Sprockids course that I helped out with last fall. He was a trooper with his single speed, heavy as lead BMX bike chugging up the hill to finish every ride. It's the same hill on which the P2A finishes. It's a killer!

More signs. I tried to 'allez allez' but I was sputtering like an old jalopy running out of gas...

Ah, the final climb and a picture of my better side after I high-fived the Jones family on the way to the finish. I was finished!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sue,

I don't know how you managed to high-five everyone when you went by on that steep hill. It's hard enough climbing that with two hands on the bars.

Most of the people coming up that hill both before and after you were barely able to hang onto their bikes or had to walk up!

Now if only those trees would stay out of your way.

Cheers.