Thursday, April 10, 2008

ketchup #2

Well, first race today over here and I'm tired. Crazy people on bikes here, they really are nuts in the races. The canadian team survived without any casualties. I hit the wall about 2/3 of the way through and just couldn't get out of my own way. I need more time, more racing and more endurance!! Compared to Visalia though it was a better day.
So, after visiting with Gracie, I headed back to Asheville to the Advil/Chapstick camp. It was great to finally meet a lot people whose names I knew but had never met. They are an excellent buch of people, all very different and it works well. Of course it's nice when there are other moms on the team too, that's kind of neat. Here's the 4 mom's,Brenda took that photo and it's one of the coolest pics from camp. In total there are 6 kids among us and 5 are girls, only one boy. We had a good time setting up our new bikes, most of which are the FUJI Supreme SL1, a women's specific frame. I have a little different frame due to my long legs. I have the FUJI team issue and I am very happy with it. It's such a nice ride. Of course we got all kitted out, champion clothing, timex watches, including a pretty cool dressy white watch. Our eyes are protected from the sun with our many Tifosi sunglasses. Trinity's been eyeing a few pairs of those! Some of us didn't get the Northwave shoes at camp so we had a little shoe envy happening. Not to worry the others followed later.We tried to have a photo shoot at some really neat stone inn in asheville but they wouldn't let us hoodlums in!! and it was snowing outside so little white things were in the picture. Of course, we had to ditch that idea and we went to a neat art studio and did them there. Gee, why wouldn't they let us in here???


The team shot turned out pretty well. take a look,
Photo by Jeff Zimmerman

We also endured a feezing cold ride on the sunday, I got in the van after 90km, I was freezing about 80% of that ride. there was ice on the road when we started!! This team is full of troopers though who rode the whole ride, I was proud of them even if I ditched first. A few people joined me later. Check out the jump seat that Jen found!!

That was my last day of camp, that sunday, because I had to fly to california on monday to meet up with the fam (that's ketchup #3 and maybe #4 too). I had a great time at camp. I have great team-mates and I'm excited for the season. It should be a blast. I have a few team-mates with blogs so I'm hoping to find time here to update my links so you can check them all out!

No comments: