Wednesday, April 05, 2006

It was a bad day weather wise here so I ended up riding the trainer. That was hard but I also added in some time on the Powercranks so that helped a bit. It was good to get back on them since I haven't ridden them since late February. I think there's a bit of muscle memory going on. Although I still have a love/hate relationship with them they didn't seem quite as bad as I remember. Next step is to take them outside, I hope I don't get myself killed. I should be okay but they are still a bit freaky.

I did a school visit yesterday. I went to Janet Lee in Stoney Creek. I had the whole school except for the kindergartens in the gym. I shared the time with Chris from the Hamilton Cycling Club and Dave from the cycling centre (he talked about Sprockids). It was fun and I used the Power Point presentation that Larry J helped me do. Thanks Larry, I'm still getting mileage out of that one!! It does mention how many times I ride by Queen Rangers school and that I'm still only 37 yrs old, I like that! Speaking of Larry, he's a great fan and his kids are the best. The picture here is one he emailed me while in Australia and it certainly brought a smile to my day!!


That's Emily, Nick and Jordann and I hope to see them out cheering at paris to ancaster this sunday. It can only help me, it's going to be a tough day. It'll be nice to have some fans so Larry, bring the signs!

Anyway, the kids at Janet Lee were awesome, great school. They actually seemed to be listening to me...whatever. At the very least it helps make me less afraid for my entry into the real world of a real job someday (as a teacher). But, there still some bike racing left in me yet.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very, Very Cool!

I just got into the office and thought I'd check out your site (sounds much better than blog). The kids will love it for sure.

We'll be there on Sunday near the finish on that painful little hill known as Martin Rd so bring your best pair of legs with you.

Nick and Jordann will be doing the Sprockids thing being held at the Rotary Center from 10:30 to 1:30. They'll be pumped to see you at the race.

I think I talked to Dave from the cycling center a couple of days ago to find out more about the Sprockids event that was going on.

We'll have to update that presentation for you one of these days but maybe conveniently overlook that page with your age on it.

Watch for the signs.

See you Sunday. Allez! Allez! Cowbell Sound! Cowbell Sound!

Thanks.

The Smessies said...

Is that a North Carolina flag he's holding up. Maybe the warm weather would suit you better. Who want's to be a Canadian anyways. HA! How ya doing Sue?