Thursday, March 23, 2006

Ah, recovery day. I'm still feeling a bit tired from that TT. I sure hope those Aussies are tired.

We went as a team to the road course today. Second viewing felt better, maybe because I wasn't as tired but I'll tell you, it could be a hard day. I'm looking forward to it and I'm glad it's not a flat course.

Anyway, last night we went to jake's house and ate with his whole family. Great people and great food too! I got to spend some time with little rattles the cat (Ace look-a-like). He just wanted chicken non-stop. What a little piggy he was. We also got a tour of the house. Pretty cool with lots of little nooks and crannies. Each member has done their own room in their own personal way. For instance, one is really into bikes, pedal (or push as they call them) and motor. He had a mini motor bike in his room and a mechanic's bench and basically bike decor. Another son, Rory I think, is into music. He has a deluxe set of drums in his room and he has sound-proofed the walls. Even has a sound proof board to put into the window! Another son does re-upholstery. pretty neat stuff and a pretty neat family. Thanks Jeannette for the great cooking. We arrived after dark so we didn't get to see the kangaroo. Bummer, but the food was so worth it.

I may go down to the victoria market today but will more likely conserve some energy. I don't want to walk too much. But, I'm running out of books. I hope one of my team mates has an extra book hanging around. I also need some of those plastic bags for packing that you can push the excess air out to make it really compact for packing, heavy, but compact.

Thinking of the Colavita girls in Redlands, hope y'all have a scorching TT. Big hi to the staff too, Jim, Tim and Doug, I know you'll be taking good care of them and the bikes. All for now...

No comments: