Where to start? We awoke this morning to learn they were moving the time trial from the hill climb to a flat 16mile TT course. 16 miles? did they have to make it that long? Big difference between the two and I was not a happy camper. I love hill climbs. It got even more complicated when the organization asked that we respect the spirit of fair play and use the same bike setup we would have used in the hillclimb for the flat 16miler (regular road bike for most people). Let me say there are quite a few out there who have no respect for the spirit of fair play.
All it takes is one to decide to use the advantage of aero equipment then it just snowballs. Our director wanted us to respect the race organization wishes and we did. We didn't use any aero equipment. But it is a really grey area to begin with, if you ride a regular road bike with a TT helmet, is that fair? We also rode regular bikes because TEAm Lipton didn't have any aero equipment at all, no TT bikes. Kristen Armstrong kicked some ass to get 2nd and props to her, had she had full-on aero she would have won easily.
The thing that was really annoying was when our director asked the Victory director if he was using aero equipment (our director made a valiant effort to unify the teams in terms of respecting the promoter's wishes) he said "oh yeah, we were planning on using TT bikes for the hillclimb"...WHATEVER MIKE TOMATO! How lame.
Anyway, It's a long year ahead with a lot of racing. It was a good effort to practice that distance for a TT, the sme as the upcoming Commonwealth Games TT. I am bummed that I couldn't capitalise on the opportunity to do a full on TT effort on my TT bike but I'll get over it. I'm already over it.
Looking forward to the race tomorrow.
Friday, March 10, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment