Today I spent a lot of time setting up my new BLUE time trial bike. I'm still not sure I have it where I want it but I did a little TT test to check it out. It was a brutal reminder of the fun of time trialing. I did manage to get into after a bit and put in a good effort. Plus, I also found out what I want to change. It will have to wait until Australia to make any more adjustments with the race starting on friday here.
Tonight we went to a 'meet and greet' the teams at a local brew pub type place. It's always fun to see people you haven't seen since last year. We raced with most of them on the weekend but we didn't get a lot of time to talk. But the best part was dropping by the Cold Stone creamery on the way home! Tina's was so huge she could barely eat enough to get a lid on it!! Of course I finished mine off without too much stress...
I have been lucky enough to have both my husband and daughter with me since sunday night. And even luckier that Felicia and Gus Gomez have very kindly took them in for the week. Felicia rides for Webcor and is a fellow canadian from the east coast. She has a weakness for Shreddies and oatmeal muffin mix from canada. I need to send her care packages throughout the year so she doesn't forget where she came from! She also makes a wicked oatmeal chocolate chip cookie so it's probably a good thing I'm at a house with my team. However, our hosts, Nick and Becky, keep a bottomless cookie jar too. Where do those cookies go??
Anyway, back to my daughter, Trinity. She has been sleeping here with me and it's been so nice. I want to get as much time with her as possible until she goes back home because I've got the Australia trip from here for two weeks so I won't see her until March 27th. It's going to be rough and I'm going to have a BIG phone bill. Trini was a bit teary eyed leaving the house tonight, she loves to be around all the "girls". But the promise of walking Felicia and Gus' dogs was pretty enticing too.
Not much happening today as you can tell. We didn't get rained on or need to sacrifice anyone to the weather gods. Although, I am disenchanted with the weather. I mean, is this California or not?? It's freezing. So, I checked the weather back home up there in the Great White North. There's a big chance it's going to be warmer up there than here in California. That's just not fair. So to the boyz up there, Wilbur, Hammerhead and Dr. Bean, go out and get some kms cause it isn't any better here.
A bit of rambling but hey, it's a blog.
Thursday, March 09, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment