I'm tired. More motor pacing today but it was great. I had Francois Parisien (current Nat. road champ) come with me. Poor Francois. He was second rider on the moto... that is REALLY hard. He basically did a 45km TT today. It was nice to have company riding there and back though I was happy to be the first rider on the bike!
I don't really think Australia is bike friendly. Many close calls today. I know it doesn't help to be in a city of about 3 million people but some drivers really don't like cyclists.
The only different wildlife to see today was a Cockatoo, white noisy ones. In Canada you only see those in the pet store. Apparently though, Wallabies and Wombats get struck by cars quite a bit. Makes sense, kind of like Raccoons and squirrells at home. I have yet to see that on the side of the road but then again I've been riding a lot behind the moto so I'm paying more attention to that then what's on the side of the road.
I have my little 2MP kodak camera here and I'm going to take some pictures then have them put on CD so I can post a few here.
Shout out to Giuseppe back home in the Hammer. Thanks for the encouragment.
And to my girl Trinity, I'm going to find some more GIANT pink balloons for us to have some fun with when I get home.
Friday, March 17, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
SUE!
You're the best :)
Just wanted to let you know that we're all thinking about you here...(and the weather here is COLD! - can't you blow some warm weather over here?).
GOODLUCK! show us some of that Palmer Power!
and when you get home there's a strong possibility that I'll be back in the Hammer -
So we can tool around all day - tall girls on bikes.
(I'm thinking back to Montreal last year where our bikes were the biggest of the lot...looked so out of place!).
Alright - this is your blog and somehow I am the one yammering on...
Best of luck - I'll be sending lotsa energy your way.
HUGZ,
Naomi
Post a Comment