Well, my legs are tired and sore. That was a tough time trial. I gave it all I had and it was half decent for me but I need more serious power to get a medal. Those Aussies were very fast, not to mention the English and Meshy Holt! So, Australia remains a powerhouse in the cycling events (two Australians on the men's podium as well). I hope that our Mountain bikers can represent. I'm sure they will.
I was planning to take some photos of some of the architecture here as I rode back to the village from the time trial venue. But, i got lost a little bit and ended up riding the bike path back and missed the residential sections. In the next few days I'll get some.
Back to the time trial. The wind was different today than yesterday. It was in the opposite direction and not nearly as strong. I was happy that it had died down and it was only slightly harder coming back. I was just so desperate coming back knowing I needed to go faster that I ended up pushing a bigger gear than I should have. I got caught by both Meshy Holt and Kathy Watt. I was Meshy's minute rider. I guess that Sarah Ulmer wasn't feeling too well. Apparently she warmed up but didn't take the start. I thought she was looking a little casual (not in riding gear) when I went to the toilet just 15min before my start. My bike was awesome I just wish I could have made it go faster. I'm goign to pack it tomorrow and that will give the feeling of getting closer to going home. Only 6 more sleeps Trinity!!
I think that's all. I have to go finish my laundry.
Monday, March 20, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Yay, good job, Sue. You're in some pretty hot company down there, looks like. We're all proud of you here. Now pack that bike and let's have some fun!
Good job Sue! My first thoughts when I heard the games were going to be in March was that it was going to be tough for the Canadians with the seasons reversed down there. I'm sure things will be better for the Road Race and for Mountain Bikers like you said.
Who said Christmas only comes once a year! A new TT bike, a new road bike and a new kit - pretty sweet. And maybe a unicycle, does it get any better. For some reason Jennifer just doesn't see why I would need a TT bike; she just doesn't get it. For some reason feeding those three kids is more important.
Oh and while were talking about mountain bikers that new TT helmet must have been designed by Geoff Kabush. It's sort of got the big Geoff Kabush sideburn look to it. Or maybe it's just me.
If Halifax gets the Commonwealth Games I think we should introduce a new quad sport for the Aussies.
First the games would have to be held in Mid to Late October when the days are getting shorter. The event would include an 80k race in the afternoon (wearing winter gear), followed immediately with a 1-2 hour yard cleanup with kids in the way as obstacles (how many bags of leaves can you get)then followed by an all out session of how much Tim Horton's Coffee and Donuts can be eaten, then for the last part of the event: Kick back and see how much Don Cherry you can put up with. The Aussies wouldn't stand a chance! Think about it.
Too bad about Lyne but keep bugging her she may lend you those legs yet.
Anyways good luck in the Road Race and have fun. See you soon.
P.S. - If I see someone riding through Jerseyville on a unicycle & juggling 4 balls it's a dead give away - it would be Chris.
I am proud of you, Safety Sue!
Post a Comment